Aalo Wadiyan Pulao Recipe is delicious recipe of rice, spices and vegetables.
- Rice : 250 gms
- Wadiyan : 60 gms
- Thintly Sliced Onion : 100gms
- Potota Dices : 200 gms
- Ginger Paste : 10 gms
- Oil or Ghee : 40gms
- Leaf (Tej Patta) : 4 pcs
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) : 1 Tsp
- Big Cardamom (Badi llaichi) : 3 Nos.
- Hot Water : 600gms
- Salt as required
- Ginger Juliennes (Cut into thin long strips) : 10 gms
- Green Chillies (Slit in the centre) : 2Nos.
How To Make Aalo Wadiyan Pulao?
- Rinse and gently rub the rice under fresh water till the water runs clear, it will rinse off any dustly starch on the surface of the rice along with any leftover chaff or stray particles
- Soak the rice in frest water for 1 hour approximately.
- Peel & cut the onions into slices
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into dices (Approx. 3/4 inch dice)
- Boil the required water (600 ml) in another pan and keep aside.
- In a pot, heat up the oil or ghee on medium heat.
- Break the Wadiyan into medium chunks with your hands and fry in this oil for 1-2 minutes on low flame till you get a light golden colour.
- Remove the wadi chunks from the oil and immerse in the same hot water for some time.
- Now add the cumin and let it crackle.
- Add Bay Leaves and Big Cardamom and fry till the spices release their aroma.
- Now add the onion slices and cook till it softens, becomes translucent and releases its water.Do not brown them.
- Now add ginger paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potato dices and saute for 2 minutes
- Now add salt and soaked rice by draining wadi chunks and stir gently for 2-3 minutes
- Finally add hot water with immersed wadi chunks and stir well. Increase heat to high. Let the rice come to to a boil.
- After 2-3 minutes give a quick stir, cover with lid and turn heat down to low and let cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the gas off and do not uncover the rice for another 10 minutes.
- Let it sit in its steam, this process helps the rice becoming fluffier.
- Garnish with ginger juliennes and slit green chilies.
- Serve hot.