The first thing that comes to our mind that the name of the Mattar Pulao. If green peas are formed between white rice, the taste also increases and its color also increases.
How to make Matar Pulao?
- Basmati Rice : 250 gm
- Fresh Green Peas : 125 gm
- Thinly Sliced Onion : 70 gm
- Ginger paste : 10 gm
- Silt Green Chillies : 4 Nos
- Oil or Ghee : 20 gm
- Water : 500 gm
- Salt as taste
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera : 1 tsp
- Cinnamon (Dal Chini) : 1.5 inch stick
- Black Cardamom (Badi Illaichi) : 2 Nos
- Green Caradamom ( Choti Illaichi) : 4 Pcs
- Cloves (Laung) : 8 Pcs
- Mace (Javitri) : 1 Flower
- Pepper Corns (Sabut Kali Mirch) : 10 Pcs
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta) : 2 Nos
- Fried Onion : 5 Gm
- Green Coriander (Optional) : Few Leaves
- Rinse and gently rub the rice under fresh water till the water run clear, it will rinse off any dusty starch on the surface of the rice along with the leftover chaff or stray particles.
- Soak the rice in fresh water for 1 hour approximately.
- In a pot, heat up the oil or ghee on medium heat.
- Add the cumin first and let it crackle.
- Now add Bay leaf, Cinamom, Cloves, Mace, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom and Pepper Corns and fry till the spices release their aroma.
- Add the onion and cook till it softens, becomes translucent and releases its water. Do not brown them.
- Now Add Ginger Paste and silt Green Chillies and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add Green Peas and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the soaked rice by draining properly and stir gentle for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Water and salt to taste and stir well. Increase heat to high. Let the rice come to boil.
- After 5 minutes give a quick stir, cover with lid and turn heat down to low medium and let cook for 15 minutes.
- On other side heat oil in kadahi and deep fry the sliced onion till golden brown color for the garnish. Remove from oil and place it on kitchen paper towel. Let it cool and crisp in texture.
- Turn the gas off and do not uncover the rice for another 10 minutes.
- Let it sit in its steam, this process helps the rice becoming fluffier.
- Garnish with fried onion and green coriander leaves on top
- Serve hot