In North India, there is as much chole as fame maize roti and mustard greens. Because it is in a different way. You also know how to make Chole.
How To Make Chole Chawal ?
- One cup white gram (chickpea gram)
- A teaspoon of tea leaves or (1-2 t bags)
- 2 red ripe tomatoes
- A large onion, finely chopped
- Half a teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- A green chili, finely chopped
- Half teaspoon red chilli powder
- One quarter teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons green coriander, finely chopped
- A sharp leafA big cardamom
- A small spoonful of coriander
- A teaspoon cumin seeds4-5 pepper
- A whole dry red chilli
- 2 cloves
- One inch long piece of cinnamon
- Keep the gram soaked in water for overnight or about 8-10 hours.
- Make the tea leaf bundle in a plain muslin cloth. (We used this to give a deeper color to the chickpeas and to increase taste. If you want, you can also use T-Bag instead of tea leaves.)
- Grind the chickpea, salt and water with medium water and cook 2-3 liters of pressure in pressure cooker for 4-5 seats. (If the pressure is not cooker then the pan can also be used, although it will take a little longer time.
- Close the flame after getting the city and let it cool down.
- After cooling, open the lid and take out the tea pot and separate the water by filtering boiled chickpeas. (We will use the scalded water further.)
- Now put a pan over low flame and fry it for 1 minute, add casserole, large cardamom, whole coriander, cumin seeds, black pepper, dry red chili, cloves and cinnamon.
- Cool the spices and grind them into fine flour.
- Then, after mixing 2 tablespoons and grinding tomato in a mixer jar, make puree.
- Now heat the oil in a pan, in medium flame. Add onions and fry until light brown. It will take about 1-2 minutes.
- After that, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chillies in the pan and fry for 30 seconds.
- Put tomato puree and salt. (Only add salt to tomato puree as we have already added salt while boiling.)
- When the oil starts separating from the spices, cook the puree for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Pour turmeric powder, red chilli powder and dry spices powder.
- Mix well and cook for 1-minute.
- Pour boiled gram and 1 cup of water (filtered with boiled grams) and mix thoroughly.
- Cook the gravy until it thickens. It will take about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and remove the gram masala gravy prepared in a bowl.
- Add green coriander and serve it with rice, Puri or Bathure.